Health Improvement Partnership (CHIP)
Chippewa Health Improvement Partnership is a collaborative endeavor striving to enhance the quality of life of the residents of Chippewa County, through educational and preventative initiatives promoting wellness and good health.
CHIP identifies health needs and establishes priorities from which collaborative activities are created to help improve the health status and quality of life of our community. View the official CHIP website.
Our accomplishments include:
• Partner in the formation of the Chippewa County Dental Foundation, Inc.
• Partner in the formation of the Marshfield Clinic Chippewa Dental Center
• Partner in the formation of the Open Door Clinic
• Developed Chippewa County resource website
• Lead effort in getting cardiac defibrillators for community facilities.
is an initiative to promote lifelong fitness
The committee is currently addressing childhood obesity
as it relates
to sweetened beverage consumption.
Show and Tell is an initiative that empowers parents with
awareness and skills to effectively discuss issues related to
underage drinking with their children. This initiative also
promotes the Parents Who Host Lose The Most campaign.
Fall Prevention/Safety Committee provides resources
and information to health professionals and the general
public on fall prevention and safety issues.
Youth Issues Committee promotes community environments which support positive youth development with a specific focus on Service Learning and Volunteerish in youth.
Chippewa County Jail Project works to enhance the quality of life of the inmates of the Chippewa County Jail and their families/friends by providing resource information, health education and programming, which subsequently positively impacts the staff as well.
Community Education Committee provides health education seminars to the general public.
CHIP also has involvement with the following community endeavors:
• Chippewa County Asthma Coalition
• Chippewa County Dental Foundation, Inc.
• Chippewa County Prevention Coalition
• Chippewa Valley CARE Coalition
• Chippewa Valley Tobacco-Free Coalition
• Drug Response Task Force
• Marshfield Clinic Chippewa Dental Center
• Northwest WI Health Literacy Planning Committee
• Partnership for Healthy Choices
• The Open Door Clinic
• WI Oral Health Coalition
• Council on Homelessness & Hunger.
Join Us on Facebook!
Stay up to date with what's going on at the hospital and in the Chippewa Falls, WI area.
View our Facebook profile page. »